Communication LTE interface IK-401
Communication and configuration
LTE communication interface type IK-401 is a device working in 4G/3G/2G network.
The IK-401 is a device that allows you to take advantage of the telecom network functionality to perform telemetry readings.
It provides network infrastructure via Ethernet port and three RS485 ports.
Operating parameters of the device can be modified locally and remotely, both through a web browser (password protected WEB server) and dedicated software.
Remote management of the device operation is also possible via SNMP protocol or GAZ-MODEM 3. Introducing industrially safe solutions on the market, one must be sure of the reliability of the solution.
The new IK-401 modem manufactured by PLUM has been audited by the CERT Research Institute.
The result of the test confirms that it is a safe solution for use in sensitive energy and plumbing environments.
Network connection monitoring.
The interface has an advanced mechanism for monitoring the correctness of the connection to the 4G/3G/2G network and a mechanism for updating its own software.
The use of two SIM cards and two independent monitored power connections provides redundancy and further improves the reliability of the device in the network.
Due to the problems with link time stability, which typically occur in networks, the modem is equipped with a number of mechanisms to maintain high quality of connection, monitor and, if necessary, re-login the device to the network.
IK-401 enables connecting additional expansion modules with NAMUR binary inputs of normal and intrinsically safe construction, current and binary outputs.
- Six-band modem operating in technologies: LTE cat.4, 3G, HSPA+, GPRS, EDGE
- Support for Virtual Network Operators (VMNO)
- Wide operating temperature range -25°C ÷ +65°C
- Redundant system supporting two SIM cards and two independent power sources
- Local and remote modem configuration and remote update of encrypted software
- Local configuration of devices supporting GAZ-MODEM 2-function GM2 Reader
- Three independent RS485 ports (two of them galvanically isolated) and Ethernet port
- Built-in four programmable analog/digital inputs
- Two built-in digital OC outputs
- TBUS data and power bus connector for expanding intrinsically safe and normal digital input modulesh
- Built-in webserver for device configuration and diagnostics
99 x 22,6 x 122 mm (height, width, length)
Mounting on DIN TS35 bus, protection level IP40
-25°C ÷ 65°C, cold start-up –25°C
4G, bands: B1, B3, B7, B8, B20, B28 3G, bands: B1, B8
2G, bands: 900, 1800 MHz
LTE cat 4, HSPA+, GPRS, EDGE
TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, SMTP, DHCP, ICMP, SNMP, FTP, SMS
2 microSIM sockets (3FF), 3V/1,8V
SMA-F, 50 Ω
DC: 9V÷30V; two independent supply inputs with voltage measurement
3x RS485, 2x galvanically insulated (up to 2kV),
Supported transmission speed: 4800, 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, 115200, 230400, 460800 [b/s].
Parity control: none, even, odd, mark
SMS, EMAIL, TCP, SNMP
1x RJ45 LAN 100Mbit, Auto-MDI/MDIX
• Standby mode in 2G/3G network: 160mA
• Standby mode in 4G network: 180mA
• Transmmission in 2G/3G network (RSSI –80dBm): 240mA
• Transmission in 4G network (RSSI –76dBm): 220mA
4 inputs working as:
• Analog inputs Uin=0÷10V;
• Bistate inputs; low state (L) below 0,8V; high state (H) above 1,5 V
(Uin=0÷30V); selectable signal for active state
2x DO, OC with max. load 0,1A/channel
Modbus RTU, Modbus TCP (readout of inputs status, work parameters, conﬁguration, outputs control), GAZ-MODEM 2, GAZ-MODEM 3 (readout of inputs status, work parameters, load/ save conﬁguration, events registration readout, data structure readout)
Integrated hardware and software watch-dog. Standalone ping diagnostics.
Built-in ability to remotely reboot from SMS and web.
System log available from web panel.
IK-401 data sheet EN
IK-401 Data sheet EN v.7.1
Products catalogue PLUM GAS EN
Products catalogue PLUM GAS EN v.2
Full, downloadable technical specifications available after logging in to the Client Panel.
Create a PLUM Client Account to get unlimited access to latest technical materials, system files and technical specifications.
FILL OUT THE FORM IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT US.